Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
fugitive (plural fugitives)
- A person who is fleeing or escaping from something
1907, Robert Chambers, chapter 6, The Younger Set:
- “I don't mean all of your friends—only a small proportion—which, however, connects your circle with that deadly, idle, brainless bunch—the insolent chatterers at the opera, […] the speed-mad fugitives from the furies of ennui, the neurotic victims of mental cirrhosis, […]!”
a person who is fleeing or escaping from something
fleeing or running away
transient, fleeting or ephemeral
elusive or difficult to retain
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- "fugitive" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- vocative masculine singular of