Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (architecture) A doctrine, in several fields, that the function of something should be reflected in its design and the materials used in its construction
- (philosophy) The definition of mental states in terms of their causes and effects
- (social sciences) The idea that social and cultural cohesion are a function of the interdependence and interactions of the institutions of a society
- (psychology) A general school of thought that considers psychological phenomena in terms of their role in adaptation to the person's environment
architecture: doctrine that the function of something should be reflected in its design
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.