Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Simple past tense and past participle of glorify.
- They sang hymns that glorified God.
- transformed into something glorious (often used sarcastically)
- Her teaching degree was little more than a glorified babysitting course.
- 1959 Andrew Gray, "A treatise on gyrostatics and rotational motion"
- The gyroscope is however merely a glorified spinning top ...
- 1986 Roy Lubove, "The Struggle for Social Security, 1900-1935"
- Voluntary thrift, embodied in industrial insurance, nurtured character, but social insurance was merely a glorified form of poor law legislation.
- 2004 Lloyd Manning Wells, "From Anzio to the Alps: an American soldier's story"
- If the captain was only a glorified first aid man as he claimed, the emphasis has to be on the glory he deserved for the way in which he did his job.