Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Kurdish
- 3 Portuguese
- 4 Serbo-Croatian
- (obsolete except in dialects) Dirt, filth.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Fisher to this entry?)
- Blood, especially that from a wound when thickened due to exposure to the air.
- Murder, bloodshed, violence.
gore (plural gores)
- A triangular piece of land where roads meet.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Cowell to this entry?)
- A triangular or rhomboid piece of fabric, especially one forming part of a three-dimensional surface such as a sail, skirt, hot-air balloon, etc.
- An elastic gusset for providing a snug fit in a shoe.
- A projecting point.
- (heraldry) One of the abatements, made of two curved lines, meeting in an acute angle in the fesse point.
triangular patch of fabric
- To cut in a triangular form.
- To provide with a gore.
- to gore an apron
- first-person singular present subjunctive of gorar
- third-person singular present subjunctive of gorar
- third-person singular imperative of gorar
gȍre (Cyrillic spelling го̏ре)
gȍre f (Cyrillic spelling горе)
- genitive singular form of gora
- nominative plural form of gora
- accusative singular form of gora
- vocative singular form of gora
gȍrē (Cyrillic spelling го̏ре̄)