Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To search with one's hands and fingers; to grope.
- A few hollow groans from the wardrobe, he thought, would be more than sufficient, or, if that failed to wake her, he might grabble at the counterpane with palsy-twitching fingers. - 1887, The Canterville Ghost/Chapter III by Oscar Wilde
- He puts his hands into his pockets, and keeps a-grabbling and fumbling. — Selden.
- To lie prostrate on the belly; to sprawl on the ground; to grovel.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ainsworth to this entry?)