Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹoʊsəɹiz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹəʊs(ə)ɹiz/, /ˈɡɹəʊs(ə)ɹɪz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: gro‧cer‧ies
- The commodities sold by a grocer or in a grocery.
- She carried a sack of groceries in from the car and set it on the kitchen table.
- plural form of Multiple retailers of groceries.
- There were two competing groceries in the neighborhood, but neither looked very profitable.
commodities sold by a grocer or in a grocery