Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (North America) Beef that has been ground; minced beef.
- (US standard of identity) Chopped fresh or frozen beef without the addition of beef fat as seasoning, with no more than 30 percent fat, and with no added water, phosphates, binders, or extenders.
- (North America): beef mince, chopped beef, mince steak
- (UK): mince
- (standard of identity): chopped beef
- 2003, “Miscellaneous beef products”, in Code of Federal Regulations, title 9: Animals and Animal Products, ch III: Food Safety and Inspection Service, Department of Agriculture, part 319B: Definitions and Standards of Identity or Composition: Raw Meat Products, U.S. Government Printing Office.