Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
grunter (plural grunters)
- One who grunts.
- Bristled grunters. — Tennyson.
- 2007 December 19, Linda Pearce, “Tennis grunters told to stop the racket”, The Age:
- Dalton, the winner of nine grand slam doubles titles, claims she would have been prepared to forfeit a match against the grunter par excellence, Maria Sharapova — and has urged the current generation of tennis players to do so.
- A group of fish of the family Terapontidae, which make a grunting sound when caught.
- (dated, brass founding) A hook used in lifting a crucible.
- (fish): tigerperch
Derived terms