Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Apparently due to eye dialect.
- (rare) Alternative spelling of gonna.
- 1915, George Bronson-Howard, God’s Man, The Bobbs-Merrill Company, page 132,
- a. 1972, J. R. Simplot, quoted in Neal R. Peirce, The Mountain States of America: People, Politics, and Power in the Eight Rocky Mountain States, W. W. Norton & Company (1972), ISBN 0393052559, page 134,
- We have the products here, the raw materials, the know-how to do it. That’s simple, and we’re gunna do it.
- 2007, Mallory Dunn, The Letters, Xlibris Corporation, ISBN 1-4257-5943-2, page 14,
- “Always, Drake. No police officer will ever hold you down.” Myrick looked around. “Man, I hate hospitals. Let’s get out of here. I’m gunna go sign that paper work.” [sic] Myrick turned towards the door as he escaped the pressing moment with his son.
gunna m (genitive gunna, nominative plural gunnaí)
Declension of gunna
Forms with the definite article
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Compiled by Malcolm MacLennan)