Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- plural form of
- High-heeled shoes.
- She wore a short skirt and heels.
plural of heel
- cool one's heels (wait impatiently)
- dig in one's heels (firmly or stubbornly keep ideas when opposed)
- drag one's heels, drag one's feet (procastinate)
- head over heels (tumbling upside down)
- hot on somebody's heels (close behind)
- kick one's heels (wait impatiently)
- kick up one's heels (dance)
- take to one's heels (flee)
- turn on one's heel (suddenly turn away to leave)