Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Finnish
- 3 Icelandic
- 4 Norwegian Bokmål
- 5 Norwegian Nynorsk
- (slang, chiefly Northern California) Intensifier, signifies an abundance of a thing; much or many.
- There are hella people here.
- (intensifier; much or many): mad
- (slang, chiefly Northern California) a lot; or, a hell of a lot.
- We paid hella for that Chinese cuisine.
hella (not comparable)
- (slang, chiefly Northern California) Intensifier (modifies verbs); to a large extent; totally; very much.
- I can't tell you how much I hella love the new track.
- Jane was driving away, and the door was open, so I hella ran for it.
- Oh, today's Cyrell's bday. We hella sang her happy birthday at the spot.
- (slang, chiefly Northern California) Intensifier (modifies adjectives); to a large degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- I guess she seems hella stoned in her commercial.
- I've been a Star Wars fan since I was hella young.
- (extremely, modifies adjectives): wicked (North East US)
- (slang, chiefly Northern California) For sure; totally; hell yeah; used as a strong affirmation of something that was just said, accomplished, or revealed.
- "We definitely rocked that shit man!" "Hella!"
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
Shortened form, or elision, of phrases like "hell have", approximating casual speech in writing.
- Waksler, Rachelle (San Francisco State University), "A HELLA New Specifier". 
From the noun helle.
- eldunarhella (a hob)
- fá hellu fyrir eyrun (to get one's ears stopped up)
- fyrri neðan allar hellur
- hella niður
- hellanleiki (pourability)
- rafmagnssteikingarhella (electric griddle grill)
- steypt hella (cast stone, concrete paving unit)
- suðuhella (boiling ring)
hella m, f
- definite singular of