Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To play or fiddle; to clown; to do nothing of importance or consequence.
- Can we quit horsing around and get some work done?
- Stop horsing around with the controls, before you break something.
- 26 June 2014, A.A Dowd, AV Club Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler spoof rom-com clichés in They Came Together
- As Norah Jones coos sweet nothings on the soundtrack, the happy couple—played by Paul Rudd and Amy Poehler—canoodle through a Manhattan montage, making pasta for two, swimming through a pile of autumn leaves, and horsing around at a fruit stand.
- (behave clownishly, idly): act out, clown around, goof off, muck about, muck around, muck up, yuk it up