Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
By metathesis from Dutch hutselen (“to shake up”).
- (intransitive) To rush or hurry.
- I'll have to hustle to get there on time.
- (transitive) To con or deceive; especially financially.
- The guy tried to hustle me into buying into a bogus real estate deal.
- (transitive) To bundle, to stow something quickly.
- To dance the hustle, a disco dance.
- To play deliberately badly at a game or sport in an attempt to encourage players to challenge.
- To sell sex, to work as a pimp.
- To be a prostitute, to exchange use of one's body for sexual purposes for money.
- (informal) To put a lot of effort into one's work.
to rush or hurry
to con or deceive
hustle (plural hustles)