Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
hybrid (plural hybrids)
- (biology) Offspring resulting from cross-breeding different entities, e.g. two different species or two purebred parent strains.
- Something of mixed origin or composition.
- A word whose elements are derived from different languages.
- Short for hybrid vehicle (especially a car), one that runs on both fuel (gasoline/diesel) and electricity (battery or energy from the sun).
- (golf) A golf club that combines the characteristics of an iron and a wood.
biology: offspring resulting from crossbreeding
something of mixed origin
word derived from different languages
car that runs on both fuel and electricity
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
consisting of diverse components
Related terms 
- hybridise / hybridize
- hybrid car
- hybrid computer
- hybrid tea, hybrid tea rose
See also 
- hybrid, page 216, chapter: A Miscegenation Vocabulary in Interracialism, Terms from the Oxford English Dictionary, book: Black White Intermarriage in Americal History, Literature and Law, Edited by Werner Sollor, Oxford University Press, 2000 
- hybrid in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- hybrid in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- hybrid at OneLook Dictionary Search