Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- third-person singular present active indicative of
- "she lies prostrate, she lies down; she reclines"
- "he lies ill, he is sick"
- "he lingers, he tarries"
- "it is placed or situated, it lies"
- "it is low, flat or level"
- "she lies still"
- "he lies dead"
- "it lies in ruins"
- "it hangs down loose"
- (of the face or eyes) "it is fixed on the ground, it is cast down"
- "he is indolent, idle or inactive"
- "it lies dormant or abandoned, it is of no avail"
- "he lies overthrown; he is refuted; he is despised"
- (of speech or language) "it is languid, dull or lifeless"