in living memory
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) In recent history, in recorded history amongst the lifespan of extant people; events or situations which can be remembered by people that are still alive
- The Roberts Court is the most politically conservative in living memory.
- Last summer, Georgia was hit by the mightiest heat wave in living memory.
- Long believed to be extinct, the purple-bellied speckled turtle was sighted for the first time in living memory in a remote pasture near Chicago'.'
within extant people's recorded history
- Idioms dictionary: "in living memory"
- Political usage of living memory in pertinance to SCOTUS
- In living memory, here in regards to meteorological events
- Biggest New Zealand Protests "in living memory"
- First in-captivity osprey chick in living memory hatched
- Macmilland Dictionary, "in living memory"