in the dark
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: Without light; somewhere that is dark.
- I tripped over his suitcase in the dark.
- (idiomatic) Without information.
- Management kept the board of directors completely in the dark.
- They remained in the dark until the newspaper story came out.
- (poker slang) Without looking at one's hole cards, thus not knowing what they are.
without looking at one's hole cards
- Used other than as an idiom: Located in darkness.
- (idiomatic) Lacking information.
- I was in the dark about the surprise party until I walked in.
located in darkness