Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Suffering difficulties.
- He had a knack for getting in trouble.
- (chiefly of a child) Liable to be punished for misbehavior; in disgrace.
2011 December 14, Steven Morris, “Devon woman jailed for 168 days for killing kitten in microwave”, Guardian:
- He said Robins had not been in trouble with the law before and had no previous convictions. Jail would have an adverse effect on her and her three children as she was the main carer.
- (euphemistic) Pregnant, unmarried, and not likely to be married before giving birth.
- She didn't even know she was in trouble.