Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
inaugural (not comparable)
- Of inauguration; as in a speech or lecture by the person being inaugurated.
- The University of Cape Town hosts an inaugural lecture by Professor Ian Scott...on Wednesday at 8pm. Cape Times 21 August 2006, p.21.
- Marking the beginning of an operation, venture etc.
- 2009 was the inaugural season for New York Yankees' new stadium.
inaugural (plural inaugurals)
- An inauguration; a formal beginning.
- The inaugural of the President will take place in March.
- A formal speech given at the beginning of an office.
- In his inaugural, President Obama proclaimed 'an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics'. ABC News' Teddy Davis on March 13, 2009.
inaugural m, f (plural inaugurales)