Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
A perfume often used in the rites of various religions
- (transitive) To anger or infuriate.
- I think it would incense him to learn the truth.
- (archaic) To incite, stimulate.
- (transitive) To offer incense to.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Chaucer to this entry?)
- (transitive) To perfume with, or as with, incense.
- Incensed with wanton sweetes.
- (obsolete) To set on fire; to inflame; to kindle; to burn.
- Twelve Trojan princes wait on thee, and labour to incense / Thy glorious heap of funeral.
- vocative masculine singular of