Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A purplish-blue colour
web indigo colour:
- 1907, Harold Bindloss, chapter 6, The Dust of Conflict:
- The night was considerably clearer than anybody on board her desired when the schooner Ventura headed for the land. It rose in places, black and sharp against the velvety indigo, over her dipping bow, though most of the low littoral was wrapped in obscurity.
- An indigo-colored dye obtained from certain plants (the indigo plant or woad), or a similar synthetic dye.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
- Having a deep blue colour.
See also 
indigo n (plural indigo's)
- The colour indigo.
Declension of indigo
- first-person singular present indicative of indigere