Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To enlarge an object by pushing air (or a gas) into it; to raise or expand abnormally
- You inflate a balloon by blowing air into it.
- (intransitive) To enlarge by filling with air (or a gas).
- The balloon will inflate if you blow into it.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
to enlarge the volume occupied by an object
to enlarge a volume
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- vocative masculine singular of īnflātus