Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (obsolete) Standing or resting on something.
- Urgent in dwelling upon anything; persistent in urging or maintaining.
- Extorting attention or notice; coercively staring or prominent; vivid; intense.
- (ornithology) Standing on end: specifically said of the hind toe of a bird when its base is inserted so high on the shank that only its tip touches the ground: correlated with incumbent.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
- insistent in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- third-person plural present indicative of insister
- third-person plural present subjunctive of insister
- third-person plural future active indicative of īnsistō