- I build in or into, insert; erect, construct.
- I arrange, organise or organize, plan; devise.
- I prepare (for), provide (for), make ready, set up, furnish, provide, equip, fit out, procure.
- I provide with information, teach, inform, instruct.
- (military) I draw up (in battle formation), array, set in order, form.
In Classical texts, the only passive forms for this verb are third-person singular and plural. The second-person singular perfect indicative active form īnstrūxistī is sometimes written as īnstrūxtī. Please note that there is a disagreement between whether or not there is a macron on the third and fourth principal parts and the subsequent verb forms from these (īnstruxī for īnstrūxī and īnstructum for īnstrūctum).
- instruo in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879
- first-person singular present indicative of instruir