Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To insert an extra, leap, day into a calendar in order to maintain synchrony with natural phenomena.
- To insert an extra month into a calendar for the same purpose. The Hebrew calendar has such a month.
- (molecular biology) To insert a substance between two or more molecules, bases, cells, or tissues.
Derived terms 
See also 
- second-person plural present indicative of intercalare
- second-person plural imperative of intercalare
- Feminine plural of intercalato
- second-person plural present active imperative of intercalō