- Rhymes: -ɪʃən
From Latin intro-', "into", + mission, "sending", from Latin missio, from perfect passive participle missus, "sent", from verb mittere, "send", + noun of action -io. Commonly used to refer to the instant at which sexual intercourse begins, when the penis first slides into (enters) the vagina.
intromission (plural intromissions)
- the state of being allowed to enter; admittance
- the act of allowing to enter; admission
- putting one thing into another; insertion
- (Can we find and add a quotation of South to this entry?)
- (law, Scotland) An intermeddling with the affairs of another, either on legal grounds or without authority.