Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- not varying; constant
- (mathematics) Unaffected by a specified operation (especially by a transformation)
- (computing, programming) Neither covariant nor contravariant.
- (not varying): invariable
Derived terms 
Related terms 
that does not vary
that is not affected by a specified operation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- An invariant quantity, function etc.
invariant quantity, function etc.
invariant m (plural invariants)