Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Not violable; not to be infringed.
- Not susceptible of violence, or of being profaned, corrupted, or dishonoured.
- Incapable of being injured or invaded.
- (not violable): unbreakable, unbreachable
- (not susceptible of being profaned): holy, sacred, sacrosanct
- (incapable of being injured or invaded): invincible, unassailable
- (not violable): incompliable (incapable of being complied); violable, breakable (capable of being violated)
- (not susceptible of being profaned): violable
- (incapable of being injured or invaded): invadable
not violable; not to be infringed
incapable of being injured or invaded
- inviolable in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- inviolable in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
inviolable (masculine and feminine, plural inviolables)
- "inviolable" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
inviolable m, f (plural inviolables)