Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
jícara f (plural jícaras)
- A small faience container used to serve hot chocolate or other hot beverages.
- (Latin America) A small, woody container, typically made from the fruit of the calabash tree and used (especially in rural Mexico) to serve hot food in order to preserve its temprature.
- (Mexico, Central America) calabash
- (El Salvador, Nicaragua, colloquial) head
- (Spain) Part, or square, of a flat chocolate bar, which can be broken off easily (especially in Andalusia and Murcia)
- jícaro m
- Portuguese: xícara