Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɔːnt
jaunt (plural jaunts)
- (archaic) A wearisome journey.
- Our Savior, meek, and with untroubled mind After his aëry jaunt, though hurried sore. Hungry and cold, betook him to his rest. - Milton
- A short excursion for pleasure or refreshment; a ramble; a short journey.
- (intransitive) To ramble here and there; to stroll; to make an excursion.
- (intransitive) To ride on a jaunting car.
- (transitive, obsolete) To jolt; to jounce.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bale to this entry?)
to ramble here and there; to stroll; to make an excursion