Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
jibe (plural jibes)
- A facetious or insulting remark, a jeer or taunt.
- He flung subtle jibes at her until she couldn't bear to work with him any longer.
- (nautical) A manoeuver in which the stern of a sailing boat or ship crosses the wind.
- (nautical) sudden sweep of the boom of a sailboat across from one side of the boat to the other.
facetious or insulting remark
sudden sweep of a boom of a sailboat
- (intransitive, nautical) To perform a jibe
- (intransitive) To agree.
- That explanation doesn't jibe with the facts.
- (transitive, nautical) To cause to execute a jibe
Usage notes 
"jive" and "jibe" are frequently used interchangeably in the U.S. to indicate the concept "to agree or accord". However, while one recent dictionary accepts this usage, most sources consider this an error.
to cause to execute a jibe