Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʌŋki
junkie (plural junkies)
- (slang, pejorative) A narcotics addict, especially referring to heroin users.
- (by extension) An enthusiast of something.
- English people are travel junkies, but Americans hardly ever leave their state.
- My uncle is a classic car junkie.
- 1982: The Message (song) by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
- Rats in the front room, roaches in the back. Junkies in the alley with a baseball bat.
- See also Wikisaurus:addict
a narcotics/drug addict