Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: juntó
Erroneous adaptation of junta, by assimilation with Spanish nouns in -o.
- A group of men assembled for some common purpose; a club, or cabal.
1819, Washington Irving, The Sketch Book, Rip Van Winkle:
- The opinions of this junto were completely controlled by Nicholas Vedder, a patriarch of the village, and landlord of the inn, at the door of which he took his seat from morning to night, just moving sufficiently to … keep in the shade of a large tree; ….
- 1844, Edgar Allan Poe, ‘The Premature Burial’:
- I was seized and shaken without ceremony, for several minutes, by a junto of very rough-looking individuals.
junto (not comparable)
- together (at the same time, in the same place)
- Pablo y yo nos sentamos juntos en clase
- - "Pablo and I sit together in class"
- altogether, totally
- Todo junto son 30 kg
- - "All together it weights 30 kg"
- next to
- El hotel está junto al parque"
- - "The hotel is next to the park"