Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from keith)
Place name in Scotland, probably from a Celtic word meaning "wood", or a forest.
- Rhymes: -iːθ
- 1815 Sir Walter Scott: The Lord of the Isles:
- Behind them, screened in sheltering wood,
- The gallant Keith, Lord Marshal, stood:
- His men-at-arms bear mace and lance,
- And plumes that wave, and helms that glance.
- 2005 Andrew L. Brown: Overcoming Adversity: Your Dreams Matter. ISBN 0976563908 page 35:
- My middle name, Keith, is music to my ears. It's like jazz on a cool summer night. My very closest family members call me Keith for short.