Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈkəʊʃə(r)/, X-SAMPA: /"k@US@(r)/
- (rare, Yiddish-influenced) IPA: /ˈkɔʃə(r)/, /ˈkɑʃə(r)/
- Rhymes: -əʊʃə(r)
- (of food) Prepared in accordance with Jewish religious practices.
- Well, if I had known it was a kosher deli, I certainly would not have ordered a ham and cheese on rye.
- (figuratively, by extension) In accordance with standards or usual practice.
- Is what I have done kosher with Mr. Smith?
of food, prepared in accordance with Jewish religious practices
figuratively, normal or standard
- (transitive) to make kosher.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
kosher m and f (plural kosheres)