Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
laserjet (plural laserjets)
- (neologism) A laser printer.
1994, Dennis V. Damp, The Book of U.S. Government Jobs, page 88:
- The application, form and all, can be printed on hundreds of printers including inkjet and laserjets.
2000, Phyllis Davis, The GIMP for Linux and Unix: for linux and unix, page 282:
- Printers, such as inkjets and laserjets, typically print at resolutions ranging from 300 to 720 dots per inch (dpi).
2004 Nov 14, “Business Tools: Miniature copier is a jack of all trades”, Times Online:
- the Samsung SCX-4100 compares well with other small, desktop laserjets and you get a copier and scanner thrown in.
2004, Bill Hurter, The Best of Digital Wedding Photography, page 85:
- Profiles are available for inkjets, dye-subs, and small event printers (Sony); Kodak- and 8600-series printers; Fuji Pictography printers; RA-4 printers (Light Jet, Durst Lambda/Epsilon, Fuji Frontier, Noritsu QSS, Gretag Sienna, Kodak LED, Agfa D-Lab, etc.); color laserjets; and thermal printers.
2008, Adam Corres, Raffles and the Match-Fixing Syndicate:
- Did you know that the famous computer printer companies can sell their laserjets, inkjets and dot printers at under production cost?
2009 Mar 27, “Inside HP's Ink Jet Cartridge Recycling Process”, InformationWeek:
- HP aims to improve energy efficiency of its inkjet and laserjet printers 40% by 2011 and to triple its use of recycled material in inkjet products by 2011.