Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also lathe
lath (plural laths)
- A thin, narrow strip, fastened to the rafters, studs, or floor beams of a building, for the purpose of supporting a covering of tiles, plastering, etc.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
Derived terms 
- lath strapping
- lath brick - a long, slender brick, used in making the floor on which malt is placed in the drying kiln.
- lath nail - a slender nail for fastening laths.
- lath board
- lath plaster
- lath and plaster / plaster and lath