Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Borrowed from Hindi
- A martial art based on stick fighting originally practiced in India.
- Lathi shares is basic principles with other martial arts.
- A stick used in the martial art of the same name, usually 6-8 feet long, made of bamboo and having a blunt metal tip.
- Wielding a lathi involves giving quick blows to an opponent while defending against opponent's attacks by using the lathi as a shield.
- “lathi” in OED Online, Oxford University Press, 1989.