Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
laydown (plural laydowns)
- (usually uncountable) The act of laying down
- (publishing) A physical mockup or layout of a page design
- (military) A pattern of deployment
- (bridge) A hand which is so strong that the declarer can simply expose it and claim the number of tricks required by his or her contract
2008 December 26, Phillip Alder, “Set the Toys Aside and Listen to What the Cards Are Saying”:
- North-South rested in five spades, with grand slams in spades and clubs laydown.