Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Making, or having the power to make, a law or laws; lawmaking; - distinguished from executive: as, a legislative act, a legislative body.
- Although enormously influential in shaping the laws of the land, The House of Lords are not actually a legislative body.
- The legislative framework provides much opportunity for correction and amendment of poorly thought out bills.
Making or having the power to make laws
- That branch of government which is responsible for making, or having the power to make, a law or laws.
branch of government responsible for making laws
- Plural form of legislativo