Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- match, equal, like, peer, equivalent
- Cha robh a leithid ann riamh. - His/her like never existed.
- leithidean a chéile - the very patterns of each other
- air a leithid de dhòigh 's gun... - in such a way that...
- an aghaidh a leithid seo de fhianais - against this kind of evidence
- Often preceded by a possessive pronoun, a prepositional pronoun, or followed by a noun in the genitive case:
- chan fhaca mi a leithid riamh - I never saw his like
- cha do rinn mi dad dha leithid - I haven't done anything of the kind (literally "of its like")
- bho leithid Dhòmhnaill MhicDhòmhnaill - from the likes of Donald MacDonald