Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Latin lēmniscātus (“decorated with ribbons”).
lemniscate (plural lemniscates)
- The infinity symbol (∞).
- (mathematics) The lemniscate of Bernoulli
- (mathematics) Any of a variety of quartic functions producing similar figure-of-eight closed curves.
symbol for infinity
mathematics: figure-of-eight closed curve
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- (symbol): infinity symbol
(figure-of-eight quartic function:):
Derived terms 
- vocative masculine singular of lēmniscātus