Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: [liˈaˀn]
- IPA: /ˈlian/
- accusative singular of lia
- Genitive singular form of lika.
lian m (plural lians)
- link (of chain)
- Nonstandard spelling of liān.
- Nonstandard spelling of lián.
- Nonstandard spelling of liǎn.
- Nonstandard spelling of liàn.
Usage notes 
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.