Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
locomotive (plural locomotives)
- (rail transport) The power unit of a train which does not carry passengers or freight itself, but pulls the coaches or rail cars or wagons.
- (rare) A traction engine
- (slang) A cheer characterized by a slow beginning and a progressive increase in speed
- (economics) A country which drives the world economy by having a high level of imports. (i.e. The United States).
self-propelled vehicle that runs on rails
- of or relating to locomotion
- of or relating to the power unit of a train which does not carry passengers or freight itself
- feminine form of locomotif
locomotive f (plural locomotives)
- Plural form of locomotiva