Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: look‧ing
- Present participle of look.
1935, George Goodchild, chapter 5, Death on the Centre Court:
- By one o'clock the place was choc-a-bloc. […] The restaurant was packed, and the promenade between the two main courts and the subsidiary courts was thronged with healthy-looking youngish people, drawn to the Mecca of tennis from all parts of the country.
- 1988 September 12, New York Magazine, page 226
- Good-Looking, Funny Guy — (Not funny-looking, good guy), 36, Jewish, athletic.
looking (plural lookings)
- (obsolete) The act of one who looks; a glance.
- (obsolete) The manner in which one looks; appearance; countenance.
- All dreary was his cheer and his looking.