Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
lovebird (plural lovebirds)
- Any small parrot from one of the nine species within the genus Agapornis, sometimes they are kept as cage birds, noted for their affection towards each other.
- (metaphorical, usually in the plural) (One of the persons of ) an openly affectionate couple.
- black-cheeked lovebird, Agapornis nigrigenis
- black-collared lovebird (or Swindern's lovebird), Agapornis swindernianus
- black-winged lovebird (or Abyssinian lovebird), Agapornis taranta
- Fischer's lovebird, Agapornis fischeri
- grey-headed lovebird (or Madagascar lovebird), Agapornis canus
- Lilian's lovebird (or Nyasa lovebird), Agapornis lilianae
- red-headed lovebird (or red-faced lovebird), Agapornis pullarius
- rosy-faced lovebird (or peach-faced lovebird), Agapornis roseicollis
- yellow-collared lovebird (or masked lovebird), Agapornis personatus,
a parrot of the genus Agapornis
an affectionate couple (or a person thereof)