lowest common denominator
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (mathematics) The smallest positive integer which is a multiple of every denominator of several fractions.
- The lowest common denominator of and is 30.
- (figuratively) The most simple or base shared interest or characteristic among a group or collection of people etc.
- Reality TV really is appealing to the lowest common denominator in audiences.
smallest multiple of several denominators
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.