Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Mack
mack (plural macks)
- (slang) An individual skilled in the art of seduction using verbal skills.
- She left with him; he must be a true mack.
- (UK) A raincoat or mackintosh.
1928, Lawrence R. Bourne, chapter 13, Well Tackled!:
- “Nothing very special, sir. He had a mack or coat over his arm, and a trilby hat. He wore a tweed suit, sir, I think.”
Since 1920 from the trademark MACK, the abbreviation for "Mathiasson, Andersson, Collin, Key", the owners of one of the first companies that opened gas stations in Sweden.
- (somewhat colloquial) gas station
- Vi åker till macken och tankar lite.
- "Let's go down to the gas station and get some gas."
Declension of mack