- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 Norwegian Bokmål
- 4 Norwegian Nynorsk
- 5 Swedish
- A soft, crumbly, chalky, grayish limestone.
- An artificial mixture or chalk, clay, and sand, from which bricks are made. The resulting bricks have a light brown or yellowish color.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- “malm” in The Bokmål Dictionary.
- “malm” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.
- (archaic) an alloy consisting of copper, zinc, lead and some tin
- (archaic) the geological period of late Jurassic
- (archaic) a hill or ridge consisting of sand or gravel
- regionally, a field used by the military for exercise
- regionally (Stockholm), an urban habituation area outside of the main city center
- Finnish: malmi