Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Manse
- IPA: /mæns/
manse (plural manses)
- A house inhabited by the minister of a parish.
- (archaic) A family dwelling, an owner-occupied house.
- A large house, a mansion.
- circa 1890: George Otto Trevelyan, Life and Letters of Lord Macaulay
- All favourable hereditary influences, both intellectual and moral, are assured by a genealogy which derives from a Scotch Manse.
house inhabited by the minister of a parish
- vocative masculine singular of mansus